Upgrade your review with PPI’s Civil PE prep course and a passing guarantee. This prep course provides expert instruction, a structured syllabus, PPI’s #1 selling review materials, and convenient online viewing from the comfort of home or on the go. Visit ppi2pass to learn more and enroll.
Comprehensive Civil PE Exam Coverage
The Civil Engineering Reference Manual is the most comprehensive textbook for the NCEES Civil PE exam. This book’s time-tested organization and clear explanations start with the basics to help you quickly get up to speed with common civil engineering concepts. Together, the 90 chapters provide an in-depth review of all of the topics, codes, and standards listed in the NCEES Civil PE specifications. The extensive index contains thousands of entries, with multiple entries included for each topic, so you can find the topics referenced no matter how you search.
This book features:
- over 100 appendices containing essential support material
- over 500 clarifying examples
- over 550 common civil engineering terms defined in an easy-to-use glossary
- thousands of equations, figures, and tables
- industry-standard terminology and nomenclature
- equal support of U.S. customary and SI units
After you pass your exam, the Civil Engineering Reference Manual will continue to serve as an invaluable reference throughout your civil engineering career.
Exam Topics Covered
- Civil Breadth: Project Planning; Means and Methods; Soil Mechanics; Structural Mechanics; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Geometrics; Materials; Site Development
- Construction: Earthwork Construction and Layout; Estimating Quantities and Costs; Construction Operations and Methods; Scheduling; Material Quality Control and Production; Temporary Structures; Health and Safety. For additional Construction Depth coverage, check out the Construction Depth Reference Manual.
- Geotechnical Site Characterization; Soil Mechanics, Laboratory Testing, and Analysis; Field Materials Testing, Methods, and Safety; Earthquake Engineering and Dynamic Loads; Earth Structures; Groundwater and Seepage; Problematic Soil and Rock Conditions; Earth Retaining Structures; Shallow Foundations; Deep Foundations
- Structural: Analysis of Structures; Design and Details of Structures; Codes and Construction. For additional Structural coverage, check out the Structural Engineering Reference Manual.
- Transportation: Traffic Engineering; Horizontal Design; Vertical Design; Intersection Geometry; Roadside and Cross-Section Design; Signal Design; Traffic Control Design; Geotechnical and Pavement; Drainage; Alternatives Analysis. For additional Transportation Depth coverage, check out the Transportation Depth Reference Manual.
- Water Resources and Environmental: Analysis and Design; Hydraulics–Closed Conduit; Hydraulics–Open Channel; Hydrology; Groundwater and Wells; Wastewater Collection and Treatment; Water Quality; Drinking Water Distribution and Treatment; Engineering Economic Analysis