QuickBooks for Contractors is a must have reference tool for construction professionals who want to get the most out of QuickBooks. Beyond the basic manuals and how to guides, this book answers “How do I get QuickBooks to …?”
This unique guidebook presents numerous workarounds and examples of practical applications designed to increase user skill level. Improve the quality of accounting information your company depends on for financial decision making and increasing profits!
Some of the topics covered include:
- Review of functionality available for contractors
- Generating detailed estimate versus actual job cost reports
- Job costing all elements of payroll – wages, taxes, and workers comp
- Getting around payroll taxes being charged to only one expense account
- Progress and retention billing
- Multi-state payrolls and charging jobs for worker’s comp premium costs with different rates for each class of work and state
- Tracking and job costing equipment
- How to use vendor bills to record journal entries at the item code level
- Using the inventory module to track materials and charge jobs for usage
- Tracking subcontractor insurance expirations
- Overview of percentage completion accounting with formulas and sample journal entries
Get QuickBooks to deliver the right information you need to run a successful, profitable construction company with this first book in the series of QuickBooks How to Guides for Professionals.
The author, Craig Kershaw, CPA, MBA, is a construction industry CFO and Controller with years of experience using accounting systems. He is the managing partner of The CFO Source, a consulting firm that provides senior level financial expertise to small and medium size businesses. A QuickBooks Pro Advisor, the author developed the book as a training tool for construction clients. The author presents continuing education courses on QuickBooks to members of the Maryland Association of CPA’s.